Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Chicken Tikka Masala


Marinade:
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 small container of plain Greek yogurt
1 Tbs Garam Masala
1 Tbs lemon juice
1 tea black pepper
1/4 tea ginger
Sauce:
15 ou can tomato sauce or diced tomatoes
4-5 cloves of garlic
4 tea Garam Masala
1/2 tea paprika
1/2 tea tumeric
1/2 tea salt
1/4 tea cayenne pepper
1 cup whipping cream

Combine all the ingredients for the marinade except the chicken. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and fold into the marinade. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Preheat the Instant Pot on the Saute mode. Add the chicken plus the marinade to the pot. Saute for at least 5 minutes, until the chicken is browned. Add all the ingredients for the sauce except the cream. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes with a quick release. Turn the Instant Pot back on Saute mode selecting the low setting. Add the cream and simmer until the sauce thickens to your preference. Serve over rice.

This was one of the first meals I ever made in the Instant Pot and now we make it at least 2-3 times a month. I love this recipe. It is so simple and quick to make. I like to prepare the chicken in the marinade the night before to make this a little simpler the night of. The original recipe calls for 5 chicken thighs, but I find it cooks down and doesn't leave enough for leftovers. There is plenty of sauce after using 8 chicken thighs. This past time I made a mistake at the grocery store and bought a can of petite diced tomatoes instead of tomato sauce. I used it anyways and there was no difference in consistency or taste- so whatever you have on hand will work just fine. We also usually serve this with naan bread (Costco has a great pack of individual size pieces of bread that we just keep in the freezer and then throw in the toaster when we are ready to eat.)

So happy I came upon this recipe on Pinterest!


2 comments:

  1. This one looks yummy. Even though I don't have one of these pots, I may give it a try my way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how it goes! And what you do- Crock Pot?

    ReplyDelete